Solved

Gui Logging not working

• 19 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

I did shift-F8 to get gui logging going it created the GUI folder under C:\Program Files\Commvault\ContentStore\GUI but nothing is in the folder.

I got the message that it was enabled but its not doing anything.

Did the logging go somewhere else?

icon

Best answer by byates 19 April 2024, 16:06

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Did you run the Commcell Console as administrator?  

Right Click the shortcut for the Commcell Console and run as administrator and see if that will start the logging.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @clecky,

When you got the pop-up, did it also include the name of the file (guilogging0_0.log)?  If it did not, that generally means that the account you’re logged in with does not have write permissions to that directory so it could not actually create the file.

If you press alt-f8 and the popup only points to the GUI folder without naming a .log file, you’re probably looking at permissions to that directory for the currently logged in user.

-Brian Bruno

It should not be a folder but just a file like:

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi @clecky,

When you got the pop-up, did it also include the name of the file (guilogging0_0.log)?  If it did not, that generally means that the account you’re logged in with does not have write permissions to that directory so it could not actually create the file.

If you press alt-f8 and the popup only points to the GUI folder without naming a .log file, you’re probably looking at permissions to that directory for the currently logged in user.

-Brian Bruno

This doesn't appear to be the case as I tried it on a jumpbox that I have admin rights on.

It didnt show a log name. Just the path.

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Right Click the shortcut for the Commcell Console and run as administrator and see if that will start the logging.

I’ll try this.

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Bingo!

This did it. Thanks.