Solved

Ceph object based storage for CEPH FS, S2 & RBD is supported

• 13 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Ceph object based storage for CEPH FS and RBD is supported? what are the different backup options availale for Ceph storage items like Ceph FS, RBD, S2 & S3. 

icon

Best answer by Onno van den Berg 17 January 2023, 12:01

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Arun Kumar Dadi are you referring to using Ceph as source of destination target? There are previous posts already around Ceph see for example → 

The documentation also contains information related to Ceph and I can already tell you that Commvault doesn't offer snapshot support for Ceph. 

Badge +4

Thanks Onno. I am referring ceph as the source. I want to take ceph RBD,s3,s2 backups, and CEPH FS shares

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Arun Kumar Dadi,

I'm not a Ceph expert but what I know is that you can create RBD backups. You will have to rely on native snapshots through native scheduling or through some custom made script to create snapshots. I assume you use RBD to run virtualized workloads, so in that case you might want to consider installing agents in the VM to create system backups. For CEPH FS you can use the network share option or a regular client with a FS client installed. RADOSGW can be protected using the object storage plugin. 

Not sure about S2

Badge +4

Thanks Onno. You cleared most of the ques.