Skip to main content
Question

Changing VLAN for HypersclareX

• 5 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I need to change the IP addresses for MGMT, Data Protection and Storage pool for my HyperScaleX because my network team decided to change the VLAN.

I don’t where and how should I start it first. Do you guys have to do something like this before? I really need some helps on this.

Thank you.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hello @TD89 

You can follow this document on changing the IP address. Let me know if you have any further questions.
https://documentation.commvault.com/2023e/expert/143530_changing_ip_address_for_hyperscale_mediaagent_nodes.html

Thank you,

Collin

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I would check two questions with the network team:

• Are these VLAN's are tagged or untagged, and
  • If tagged, did the VLAN ID also change or only the ip address / subnet?

If tagged, for example with vlan 20, your ifcfg files will have the addition .20 at the end of the file and you will need to change the ip address / subnet / gateway in the file corresponding to your interface.vlan.

If the actual VLAN ID has changed, don’t forget to change the file name as well to represent the correct ID.

File example 

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-enpsf3.20

If untagged then you will encounter the files mentioned by Collin and you will need to change the ip address / subnet / gateway in the file corresponding to your interface.

File example:

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-enpsf3

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Thank you for the replies @Collin Harper  and @Jos Meijer 

The vLan tag will be changed as well. Before it wasn’t tagged. So, how to I out new tagged VLan as well as the ip address / subnet / gateway?

And also which location is the storage pool IP located at?

Thank you.