Solved

Cloud Account is not listed RDS SQL instances

• 27 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi everyone please i need some help, i try to discovery RDS SQL instances but is not occurred.

I have open many cases in support, and they work in issue but they are not finding a solution.

All system requirements are OK, but what's even stranger is that it lists every other technology, just SQL, which doesn't.

The message in cvd.log and the Command Center is: "All SQL Server instances are configured."

i put the screen in attach

We have already exhausted all possibilities for resolving this problem.

Pleeeeasee i need help

best regards for all!!

Sandro

icon

Best answer by Sandro Balduzzi 29 February 2024, 18:37

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Sandro Balduzzi 

Do you have any ticket #s you can reference so that I may review previous engineers findings?

Please also confirm the feature release / version you are running (e.g. 2022E or 11.28).

I suspect the issue is likely due to some missing permissions on the AWS side preventing us from being able to discover the instance, so would need to check the cvd.log on the Commserev at the time of failure.

Regards,

Chris 

Badge +1

Hi @Chris Hollis, tks for answer me.

Yes, i opened case 231226-349

The version is 11.30.74
I was looking at cvd.log in MA, I'll try and analyze it

Badge +1

i'm look this log but not find any error or mention to rds sql

I had another call with support today but they just requested the logs again and are analyzing them.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Thanks for the update @Sandro Balduzzi 

Looks like the engineer will be escalating this case to engineering for further review. 

I’ll monitor the case but due to timezone (based in Aus), may be behind you on updates, so feel free to share them as you get them with us here on the community so we can see their findings!

Regards,

Chris

Badge +1

Hi @Chris Hollis sorry for my late to update this issue

The support team detected a bug, I needed to update my environment to 11.32 (long term) and developed the specific fix and then listed all the rds sql instances

Now we have other problem, the large size of SQL Server databases but we are treating this issue with support

Tks for you attention

Regards,

Sandro

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Sandro Balduzzi  thanks for the update. 

Did they reference the hotfix number? Would be keen to read more about it. 

Also, regarding the large size of sql.. how big are we talking?

Regards,

Chris