Question

Disaster Recovery Backup at 95% for a week

Badge +1

Disaster Recovery Backup was all running well. Now there’s a job that has been running for a week, stuck at 95% and I can’t kill the job.

The ‘Reason for job delay’ is:

Error Code: [19:2198]
Description: Copying of Disaster recovery files to staging location is in progress.
Source: cvrvi01-cv, Process: JobManager

There’s plenty of space on the local drive where the DR backups are saved. Permissions haven’t been changed.

Any ideas on how to find out what’s blocking the job from finishing or alternatively how to kill the job so subsequent jobs can run without having to wait for this one to finish?

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

What version are you using? We had issues with 11.32.35 where jobs were getting stuck during the Archive Index phase. Restarting the CommServe Services would generally clear it, and the issue hasn’t resurfaced since updating to 11.32.45

Badge +1

What version are you using? We had issues with 11.32.35 where jobs were getting stuck during the Archive Index phase. Restarting the CommServe Services would generally clear it, and the issue hasn’t resurfaced since updating to 11.32.45

Thanks.

We’re running 11.28.78. I’ll try restarting the service (and also updating our version when we have the opportunity).

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@Erase4ndReuseMedia 

If you Right Click > View Logs on the job can you see any errors related to writing to that staging location? It might be referring to the network share we dump to after dumping locally to the CommServe.

When the DR Backup runs we dump the backup to the CommServe, then we copy it to a 3rd location “just-in-case”, then we run the backup and write the data to regular storage.

Thank you,
Collin

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I would say restarting the services should clear out the error.

As it has been already said, it is difficult to troubleshoot the condition without reviewing what the logs are saying. The logs from the Job should give some further details of what is going on and why the job is stuck.