Question

During backup oracle 19.19 db get error from oracle ORA-01652

• 29 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with backup Oracle CDB database with one PDB database. 

Oracle RDBMS 19.19
Commvault 11.24.94

Result in log:

select distinct 'U,', c.name || ':' || s.tablespace_name from cdb_segments s, v$CONTAINERS c where s.owner in ('SYS', 'SYSTEM') and c.CON_ID = s.CON_ID * ERROR at line 1: ORA-12801: error signaled in parallel query server P003 ORA-01652: unable to extend temp segment by 128 in tablespace TEMP

Commvault make 5 sessions on Oracle DB and each one perform:

select distinct 'U,', c.name || ':' || s.tablespace_name from cdb_segments s, v$CONTAINERS c where s.owner in ('SYS', 'SYSTEM') and c.CON_ID = s.CON_ID
UNION select distinct 'U,', c.name || ':' || s.TABLESPACE_NAME from cdb_all_tables, cdb_segments s, v$CONTAINERS c WHERE s.owner in ('SYS', 'SYSTEM') and c.CON_ID = s.CON_ID
UNION select distinct 'U,', c.name || ':' || s.TABLESPACE_NAME from cdb_rollback_segs s, v$CONTAINERS c where s.CON_ID = c.CON_ID
UNION select distinct 'U,',c.name || ':' || tab.tablespace_name from cdb_all_tables tab
join (select CON_ID, owner, container_name from cdb_mviews) mv on tab.OWNER = mv.OWNER and tab.CON_ID = mv.CON_ID
and tab.table_name = mv.container_name
join v$CONTAINERS c on tab.CON_ID = c.CON_ID
UNION select distinct 'U,', c.name || ':' || s.tablespace_name from
(select CON_ID, INDEX_NAME, INDEX_TYPE, TABLE_OWNER, TABLE_NAME from cdb_indexes
where index_type in('DOMAIN','FUNCTION-BASED DOMAIN'))i
join cdb_segments s on( i.CON_ID = s.CON_ID and i.table_owner=s.owner and i.table_name=s.segment_name)
join v$CONTAINERS c on c.CON_ID = i.CON_ID

When I perform this sql via sqlplus get the same error. Of course I check TEMP and it was in fact ended (think that 128GB temp space is enough to perform thos select).

Have any of you this type of problem or have Commvault 11.24.94 with Oracle PDBs and can perform this sql manualy to check if the problem occurs? 

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Can you please run the following and look for any defunct processes:

ps -ef | grep defunct | more

Badge +1

I check, there’s no root or oracle user process with status defunct.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @przemek_g 

This issue is fixed with Hotfix pack 11.24.103 or above 

Hotfix-6986 

ORA-12801: error signaled in parallel query server P003

ORA-01652: unable to extend temp segment by 128 in tablespace TEMP

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/assets/service_pack/updates/11_24_108.htm

Data backup on DG Standby instance fails with ORA-01219 while fetching the rollback segments
RAC backups fail with ORA-12801 and ORA-01652

Please install 11.24.103 or later pack and rerun the backups.

Regards,
Gowri Shankar

Badge +1

Hi Gowri,

Yes you are right. two days ago I uploaded 11.24.112 and it helped. I waited until all my backups were done to confirm. Thank you for your response.

Regards,

przemek_g