Solved

How to view and restore ms-MCs-AdmPwd attribute

• 12 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

Hello, 

I found a post about how to view the attribute ms-MCS-AdmPwd without to restore, commvault saying that its not possible yet, the post was from year ago. I am wondering if its possible now? 

And i want to know how to backup the attribute and restore it and how to view the content of attribute.

Every month the admin local pwd automaticly changing, so wil be nice to found the old pwd.

The old post 

icon

Best answer by Egor Skepko 14 December 2022, 11:48

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Egor Skepko , I’ll ask some of our SMEs.  I was never able to find a CMR number for this request, though that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Egor Skepko , as best as we can tell, there is no official CMR for this, so it was likely something that was mentioned to the case owner as part of a general plan.

Our advice is to create a support case and request an official CMR for tracking.  It’s entirely possible this is already in the works, just not created via a CMR, but the only way to ensure it gets a trackable code is to create a CMR via a case,

Let me know the case number so I can track it here.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

@Mike Struening I am CRM case : 221213-246.

I need only to know how to view the pwd of local user. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thanks! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

@Mike Struening so I just test it out. and you can view the attribute of ms-MCs-AdmPwd.

The are few things

1. The commvault user ( for the AD backup) need to be part of domain admin group.
  2. You can't view the value of attribute from java console only from Webinterface
Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Appreciate the update and good news!