Solved

Media agent Loopback latency

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I am working on some performance issues with my backups.

Looking at the media agents during the backups, looking a the media/proxy agents I am seeing what I think is high latency on the loopback adaptor.   in the screen shot below you can see in in Windows resource monitor the latency for vsbkp, cvd and other processes are around 30ms.   The loopback adaptor is internal to the server, never touching a ethernet switch or wire, so I would think it should be much lower right?

I am wondering what type of latency other folks are seeing on their media agent and or proxy agents during backups?

Thank you ahead of time!

icon

Best answer by Farmer92 28 July 2021, 16:12

View original

26 replies

Badge

Yup. that is the same as how we have it setup with the one MA owning the FC MAG and sharing it to the peers in the GridStor.

I also wonder if that is part of my loop back issue.  If the MA running the backup also owns the FC storage, it will use more loopback communication between it’s services, vs if it has to talk to another MA then it would not use the loopback.   Support did give us an additional setting key to try.  I can not find much of a description for what is really does.   When we get things caught up we are going to try it out and see how it goes.  It needs a service restart to take effect.

Where can I apply this setting? I am having massive amounts on my virtual media agents causing loss of connections.