Skip to main content
Solved

restore from edge drive error

• 7 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I cant restor frome edge drive with this error message.

Cannot start restore program on host Server_Name*Server_Name*8400*8402*] - a network error occurred or the product's services are not running.
Source: ma-servername, Process: fsIndexedRestore

can you help me to  resolve this probleme?

this is just a poc, i don’t have a support licence to open a SR with commvault support.

Regards.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hello @Elmahdi Achraf 

Is check readiness passing for this media ma-servername ? Please navigate to client computers > Right click on this MA > All task > Check readiness. 

Please confirm the communication from the destination client machine is working with  ma-servername and vice versa? Please check cvping, ping, nslookup, telnet (8400, 8403)

Best,

Rajiv Singal

Badge +6

Hi,

I have thoroughly reviewed the communication between the media agent and the client, and everything appears to be functioning correctly. The readiness check has also passed successfully. I have included the screenshots for reference.

Regards,

Elmahdi Achraf

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hello @Elmahdi Achraf 

The screenshot has one sided communication. Could you confirm if the other side communication is working as well? Please also attempt to run a restore with same source and destination if possible. 

Also, can you try to restore using commserve as the media agent? It should run a Index restore job soon as you browse the data and that would narrow things down for us. 

Best,

Rajiv Singal

Badge +6

The problem was a conflict between two instances using the same ports on the same server.

Badge

Hi @Elmahdi Achraf,

i got the same error, can you share me more details ?

i only got the issue when i tried to restore files from cloud (aux copy). 

Best regards,

NAT