Question

single subclient multiple rule

• 24 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hello all,

I have personal and shared folders on my file server. These folders contain different types of files. I want to archive files that haven't been accessed for 2 years by creating shortcuts, and I want to delete files that haven't been accessed for more than 4 years without creating shortcuts. I want to perform these actions across the entire file server, but I also want to exclude some subfolders where I may need to apply different policies based on user requests. How can i achieve this scenario? Any comment will be appreciated.

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @glassman,

You can achieve this by creating an archive set and defining your requirement in the subclient properties.

Subclient Properties (Archiving Rules) (commvault.com)

Kindly refer below documentation for Configuration: 

Archiving Configuration for Windows File System (commvault.com)

Thanks,

Keshika Bisht

Badge +1

Hello Keshika,

so you mean Is it possible to define a single subclient for a file server \\xyz.fileserver.com\folder\, write a single rule for it, and leave stubs for files that haven't been accessed in 2 years, while deleting files that haven't been accessed in 4 years? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @glassman,

You need to create two subclients under an archive set. One subclient to stubs the files that haven't been accessed in 2 years, second subclient for deleting files that haven't been accessed in 4 years.

Thanks,

Keshika

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Please find below the documentation for creating an archive set and defining its subclient properties based on your requirements:

Badge +1

When i try to create subclient with the same content it warnes me about that i have already create a subclient with the same content. Here below is the exact definition of the error,

“Unable to add content; duplicate is availiable for the same client”

My aim is to make commvault discover and take the actions for the files under the same path which has been accessed in 2 years and which have not been accessed since 4 years.