Question

SLA Question

Badge +4

I have the SLA dropped down today suddenly. Checking the reason, I find that it is because of client that is being backed up monthly with no change in the configuration.

Any idea what could be the reason?

I have also checked the sub clients associated; and it is only one Sub client the default one. 

The schedule is monthly with a Backup option Run Incremental before Synth FYLL backup. 

Surprisingly from the backup history only this month I find a separate record for Incremental backup kicked off before the SYNTH FULL which is not the case for the rest of the month.

3 replies

Badge +4

Badge +4

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

The default SLA value is 30 days, and your last backup is over that. 

Given that you’re only backing it up monthly, it’s probably easiest to just exclude the Client from SLA and Strike Counts. Via the CommCell Console: View the Properties for the Client, press Advanced, and enable the “Exclude from SLA and Strike Counts” option on the KPIs tab.

You can generally exclude at the Subclient level as well, or you could look at defining a custom SLA via a Client Computer Group. 

I suspect the reason you’re only seeing a single Incremental is your retention settings. The previous Incrementals may have just aged.