Update to the feature release 11.24.x

• 8 November 2021
  • 33 replies

Show first post

33 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello,

@HolowEd thanks for the instructions, this is the situation.

I currently have 11.1GB available. So, I can add Maintenance release 73 to it and install it without problems with disk space ?

Best regards,
Elizabeta

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello,

I have just downloaded Maintence Release and I have now 7.20GB free disk. Do you recommend to install this update now?

BR,
Elizabeta

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello,

Just to ask you @HolowEd  I see size of SoftwareCache

which is 16.35GB.

When I go to size of partition of C:/ProgramFiles/Commvault/Simpana/SoftwareCache that is 21GB

BR,
​​​​​​​Elizabeta

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello,

Thank you   @Laurent  and @Stuart Painter !

The last time i installed a new future release from version 11.13 to 11.20 i downloaded via console software cache https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/2705_downloading_commvault_software_using_commcell_console.html 

Software cache is located C:\Program Files\CommVault\Simpana\SoftwareCache…

Since I have problems with disk size can I simply delete the old SoftwareCache and then download the new one? 
Will there be any problem if i delete the old SoftwareCache?

Then install it on CommServe computer 

BR,
Elizabeta

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello, 

Ok, I understand. 

Do you recommend to install this maintenance release?

Br

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello,

At the moment, I have 7,26GB total free disk space. I have downloaded last Maintenance Release for future release 11.20. 
Do you recommend to install this maintenance release which I downloaded?

Best regards,
Elizabeta

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello,

@HolowEd ok, I understand.
Thank you very much all for help!

BR,
Elizabeta

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello,

At the moment, I have a problem with the disk size on the CommServe server,

it is currently 9GB free, the current SoftwareCache is 17GB….

No problem to delete the software cache, and you can do it through the Commcell Console/Add remove software, and you get the ‘Delete software cache’ button.

But I would recommend you to setup a remote software cache to some other location, where you can get and keep your previous sources in case you need them.

When the remote software cache is synchronized and populated, you could disable that remote cache, then delete cache content from your CS, then you can initiate the download software to your new version. When complete, you’d have new updated sources on your CS, and old sources somewhere else.

Now, regarding the upgrade itself, though it should work this way through the console, I would recommend you to initiate it manually, opening an explorer to your valid and updated software cache location, and run as administrator the setup.exe from there, and chose the upgrade as you want.

From there, you’d master all the steps of the upgrade, whereas from the console, when it’s initiated, you don’t have much feedback/output on the process, except a installation progress bar on the Commserve itself.  

edit : tip for you, type the Windows key on your keyboard, and input CAPTURE and enter.

This is a handful and free windows built-in screen capture program with simple annotation and drawing possibilities. (there are other free handful tools for download anywhee) 

If I upgrade manually not via console, first I must download the package as in the picture?

When I download a package I run it in the directory where SoftwareCache is now located?C:\Program Files\CommVault\Simpana\SoftwareCacheThen I must run this package?Thank you!Br,Elizabeta