Solved

Virtual Machine was not for NUTANIX AHV

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi, all

So, i am doing Nutanix Backup and i can discover all VMs in the cluster.

I am getting this error, below…...I do not know if anyone has seen this error before.

We have tried different VMs, same issue.

It is a P.O.C…...kindly assist.

Error Code: [91:4]
Description: Virtual machine
[UAT-IRM01] was not found. Please verify that the virtual machine
still exists and that the host is in the connected state. If the virtual
machine does not exist remove it from the subclient. If the virtual
machine does exist reselect the virtual machine and re-add it to the
subclient content.
Source: ikjdc-prd-ahp01, Process: vsbkp

icon

Best answer by MichaelCapon 13 June 2022, 10:29

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Was it added manually? Did something happen on the backend that would have changed the UUID? 

If you specifically added the machine by browsing and something changed the UUID it’s now a new machine and if you are running the default with the automatic discovery for everything not set in another subclient, you’ll likely find it there. 

Have you tried what the error is saying to do, that is remove it from content and then add it back? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

@Aplynx

We are not backing up from the default subclient…..we always leave that out to create new sub clients.

Yes, we have removed and re-added the VM to the subclient that was used.

It is not likely that anything changed because we tried with different 4 different VMs.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hello, Team

I was able to resolve the issue.

Apparently, they have both Production and DR AHVs.

We were using a VM from one of the DR AHVs as proxy for the prod backup (there was communication and telnet on 2074 was going through from DR Proxy to prod CVM IP) 

I asked them to create a new proxy for the production AHVs, we made use of it and the backup completed successfully.

The new issue is, they want the VM backup to capture Volume Groups, we tried, even with INTELLISNAP, it would not work. 

Kindly advise😎

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Thanks for updating the resolution here @Mubaraq ,

In regards to Volume Groups, I found in the documentation that Volume groups are not currently supported. - Links included below:

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/33917_configuring_nutanix_storage_array_using_array_management.html

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/essential/106235_hypervisor_support_and_requirements_for_application_aware_backups.html

I suspect you may need to install an Agent (FileSystem) inside the Guest VM OS to protect the data residing in the VG.

Best Regards,

Michael

Badge +5

Hello everyone,

We have been experiencing random but frequent errors of this nature, particularly with VMs on Azure and AWS.

Regarding Azure, Commvault support initially advised us to distribute the workload and contact the Azure team to increase the sessions per minute. As for AWS, we haven't started investigating yet. Are any of you facing similar issues? If so, how did you resolve them? Regarding Azure, do you know how to modify these sessions per minute?

Thank you for your help!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issue: Azure VMs backup failure.  
As per the log findings, Azure is likely throttling the requests.

Next steps:
You'd either need to stagger the backup requests to the hypervisor and\or talk to Azure about allowing more requests per minute.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------