Question

Command Center - Boosting Performance (Browser, Latency, Refreshrate, Response)

• 8 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hello Guys!

• We know that working (especial a lot) in webfrontends is terrible, compared to a native Software/Programm/App installation. Every klick is a kind of reload. Klicks in the Java Gui are often instant, on web there is always a amount of waiting time.

One way to avoid the command center as much as you can is to write your own little Software, with API Calls, or CV cmdled, or qcommands. 

But if you have to use the command center, and commvault is pushing us more and more into that, i want to improve the experience as much as possible. So for that I’m asking you, if someone did that already. 

Whats currently in my mind:

- Find the fastes Browser. There a Benchmark websites/tools available.
    - Customize this Browser (= tuning for Performance) for just one special topic: The command center (Use other browser for all the different internet stuff/not Command Center related Stuff). Besides quick reload/refesh times, good features (if command center supports that) would be a smart precaching/preloading feature. Also to keep as most data localy cached, so only the really necessary parts have to be requested from the Web Server. Also maybe there are some existing extensions which can help as well, or write your own extension
    - The CommVault Webserver: How can the performance be improved? Web Server on dedicated Machine with fast ssds and an optimized DB? Is for Web Server the CommVault DB required, or can i use other DBs/faster DBs for Web?
    - Tune the local Hardware where you run the browser. I think there are some tweaks in the OS which also can improve the experience

Looking forward about your experiences :)

Cheers!

1 reply

Badge

I have near perfect experience on the Edge as this is the only allowed web browser in our setup. Even though, I’m using the standalone management app, I prefer to use a web browser based UI due to the versatile nature of it.