Question

Creating different environments within Commvault for access.

• 12 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

To try to best explain the situation we need to possibly have 3 environments set up in the Commvault CommServe for our organization. We would technically need to have this in order to separate our three groups that have access to the Commserve already to their respective environments that they would be able to have access to. Currently I have modified their security profiles in order to access certain libraries and media agents but this is proving to be difficult to maintain and I'm just wondering if I'm going about this the wrong way and that there is an easier way to separate the organizations. So for example if I have Group 1 group 2 and Group 3 that have their own individual clients and media agents and libraries that are associated to those groups, then I could associate user accounts to who can have access to those particular groups.

I'm wondering if setting these up as companies would be the better option in the web GUI of the comserve or what would be the best practice for this situation?

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @TP_Erickson 

yes, companies is a better model for doing this.