Solved

Oracle Backups at Exadata Oracle Linux 7.8

• 18 May 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hi all,

my commvault agent is not stable at Exadata with current OS-Release.

Did sb. experience problems post upgrading to current OS Release? Any workarounds known?

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 8 June 2021, 23:38

View original

5 replies

Badge +3

Hi Ralf,

Can you provide some further details around the stability issue you are seeing?

For example, are you seeing process crashes? Or do jobs intermittently fail? If the latter, what errors are you seeing? etc

Thanks.

Badge +2

Hi @Tom Sheppard ,

at oracle db-server, in /var/log/…./cvd.log, I can see timeouts “Timed out while waiting for data in sockets” and much more ugly messages. Bouncing the commvault agent was a workaround which works for 1day+ but not for a week, means it is not a real workaround.

For sure it is easy to say “ check the network “ but ….

THX

Ralf

Badge +3

Hi Ralf,

It would probably be easiest to troubleshoot this via a Support ticket.

If/when you raise that, please PM me the ticket ID for my reference.

Thanks.

Badge +2

Hi Tom,

I only can provide the CCID. 1009B0. In the meantime, commvault agent was patched again.

Cannot currently access to see if it is stable now.

Best regards,

Ralf

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sharing the solution here

Solution:

sUSECONNECTSTRING: https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=20970.htm 

Procedure

Important: Both the names and the categories (also called types) of additional settings are case sensitive. When you add or modify the name or the category of an additional setting, match the capitalization that is in the additional settings database.

1. From the CommCell Browser, right-click the entity, and then click Properties.
  2. To work with a MediaAgent or a client, in the Properties dialog box, click Advanced.
  3. On the Additional Settings tab, click Add.
  4. In the Add Additional Settings dialog box, do the following:
  5. In the Name box, type the name of the additional setting.
  6. In the Category box, select the category for the additional setting, for example, CommServe.
  7. In the Type box, select the type for the additional setting, for example, Boolean.
  8. In the Value box, type the value of the additional setting.
  9. In the Comment box, enter comments for the additional setting.
  10. Click OK to save the additional setting configuration.
  11. To change the value of an existing additional setting, select the additional setting from the list, and then click Edit.
  12. Click OK.

Use the below document for reference to Data Guard Configuration to set the value : sORARUNBKPONDBROLE

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=20991.htm