Solved

Popup on any change attempt: "You need to select at least one log storage policy"

• 30 April 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

Weird issue here.  I’m attempting to disable an old, legacy storage policy.  However, if I try to make any change at all with this particular storage policy, I get this popup:

"You need to select at least one log storage policy" 

And I mean any change.  Name of the policy, retention, client association, disabling for backup, etc- they all generate this popup.  I had to move all of the clients to a different policy manually because the “reassociate all” function generated this popup too.  Deleting the policy isn’t an option because it has a copy with extended retention.  My goal is to rename the policy and disable it for backups.  Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 30 April 2021, 17:27

View original

9 replies

Badge +15

Can you check EvMgrS.log and see what it tells you? If you need more details crank that up to maybe 3 run the steps to the error again and see what it says? Then return the log to the default.

Also, I have seen something similar and in my case it had been a while since I last restarted the CV Services and doing so, fixed my issue. Have you tried that?

Badge +1

I looked at the EvMgrS.log, but it didn’t catch anything.  We have a weekly patch cycle, so the Commserve services get restarted once a week, and the Commserve itself is rebooted once or twice a month.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

First note, love the User name and avatar image.  Wonderful!

With that said, I did find something that describes your issue (it’s consistently the solution to this error).

What version are you on now?  A fix/script was released in 11.20 WinX64_11.0.0B80_119554 (Form ID 96860) with some instructions:

1) In SQL management Studio run the below query and get the affected Storage Policy ids:
SELECT * FROM archGroup WHERE logSP > 0
2) Run this qscript passing the affected SP ids as input with below command:
Qscript -f FixForStoragePolicyPropertyUpdate.sqle -i <StoragePoliyIdListWithCommaSeparated>
3) Try to open the affected SP and close it.  We should no longer see any error.
4) Rerun the query in step 1 and make sure no results returned

If you aren’t comfortable with the above, feel free to open a support case and reference this thread.

Badge +1

Ha! Thanks, Mike.

We’re currently on SP16.72 so hopefully this will work with my version.  I will definitely give this a shot, but I need to bow to the gods of Change Control first before I can get my hands dirty.  Thank you both for your help! I’ll reply back with the results once this all goes through.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The gods are mighty, even for Iron Man’s jovial butler!

If it doesn’t work, reply back here and I’ll jump on and reply!

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

We were able to fix it on a remote session using the script FixForStoragePolicyPropertyUpdate.sqle

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thank you, my dear friend Mr. Yates, Jr!

Badge

Howdy,

Can any one advise on how to get this qscript?  I have this exact problem and think this would be a great fix, but need the fix script.

Cheers

Thomas

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Thom Moran of the Clan Moran (man, I love that name)!

If it isn’t in the Commserve’s Base folder, then you likely have to contact Support to get a copy.