Question

Aux Copy hopping

• 21 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Hi all

I have a question about the running of parallel aux copy tasks - why two parallel tasks do not execute one after the other. After reaching approximately 80%, the job stops, then enters the "Waiting" state and the second aux copy job is started.

Details:

• Commvault version 11.32
  • Tasks start at the same time (same Schedule Policy)
  • The same Global Secondary Copy Policy
  • Use Scalable Resource Allocation - Yes (in 11.28 it could be turned off and the tasks ran sequentially)
  • The copy is transferred to the tape library
  • The library has two drives but only one is used (GSC settings - device streams: 1 - this is a consciously set parameter)
  • Priority 266

Is it possible to make some setting so that the first task ends and then starts the second one?

Thank you all in advance for any tips.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @kago 

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you confirm if the following option is configured?

In the Commcell Console->Click on Control Panel->Click on Job Management→ check the following option

Also check if the following option is configured?

You can utilize scalable Aux Copy to mimic having multiple jobs to always pick new data, please refer to our documentation.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Re-adding the screenshots:

In the Commcell Console->Click on Control Panel->Click on Job Management→ check the following option

Also check if the following option is configured?

Badge +4

Hi @Emils,

Sorry for my delay in replying, but I just received a reply from the administrator that this is an option  “Queue jobs if other conflicting jobs are active" didn't work.

“Pick data from running backup jobs” cannot be used for selective backups, as the documentation mentions. There are several for each storage policy

“ This option is supported only for synchronous copies. This option is not supported for inline copy, snapshot copy, selective copy and silo copy. “