We recently upgraded to FR20 and I can’t get the Command Center or Web Console to load.
I always get the same error:
TomCat is running fine. I restarted the services several times, and even rebooted the CommServe.
When I check the CVWebService, I receive the message: “Webservice is Running!”. So I’m not sure what’s happening. I found some Knowledge Base articles, but none solved the issue.
Has anybody else had this issue in the past?
Best answer by Stuart PainterView original
Assuming these are on your Commserve, can you check the Commvault Log Files folder and open up WebConsole.log, adminConsole.log + WebServer.log and see if there are any errors present at the bottom of these files?
It sounds like IIS is OK (or at least running the app pool) for the web service based on what you’ve said.
Thanks so much for your answer. I checked the logs and found the following:
AdminConsole log didn’t really print anything useful.
From these logs, I can’t really make out what’s wrong.
Thanks for this! I’m now wondering if IIS is the culprit after all here…
Can you open IIS Manager and provide a screenshot of the application pools? For example:
It may be also worth doing the following:
Thanks so much for your help!
Here is a screenshot as requested:
I’ll go ahead and perform an iisreset as you advised and see if it helps.
Looks like all the application pools are started so that’s good…
Next thing to check is make sure the applications are all present - could you expand the Sites and make sure we see ‘Consoles’? For each application (E.g. ProxySvC) make sure they are started:
It looks like it running correctly:
I also performed the iisreset and cycled the tomcat service but unfortunately the issue remains.
Would I need to reinstall the Command Center and Webconsole components?
@Jeremy Checking internally, case history has a couple of examples of these errors you are also seeing:
Please try repairing Dot Net Core Windows Hosting package, which may have become corrupt during the update.
Please run DotNetCoreWindowsHosting.exe (should be found in the Third Party folder) and repair the installation and let me know if that helps.
Thanks for your help!
I repaired the Dot Net Core Windows Hosting package. I also stopped the Tomcat service, performed a “iisreset” and started the service again. Unfortunately, I still have the same issue .
In the meantime I opened a case with Support.
Thanks for the update, I’m sorry that idea hasn’t fixed it.
Please would you message me the case number so that I can track and share the solution in here once we get this resolved for you?
Sure, the case number is 210309-310.
Tracking your support case, I’m pleased to see this is now resolved, so I’ll copy the resolution here for the benefit of the Community:
When checking the WebServerCore component, http://localhost:81/WebServerCore an error occurs:
The .NET folder under Program Files was missing the dotnet.exe binary.
.NET Core 2.1 uninstalled, a fresh installer downloaded from Microsoft Download .NET Core 2.1 and reinstalled.
IIS and Tomcat restarted, WebConsole is now up and running.
I have similar prblem with webconsole but when i checking http://localhost:81/WebServerCore I have:
We had a similar issue and there was a rogue process stealing the port.
Customer was able to login to the Webconsole and the Command Center but there was no data present.
netstat -anob > C:\temp\netstat.txt showed Tomcat was not using Port 80.
Found Branch Cache running.
Customer confirmed with his team that Branch Cache could be disabled.
Disabled Branch Cache.
Stopped Tomcat and reset IIS.
Webconsole and Command Center now showing data. However, they are using HTTP.
Added Additional Setting forceHttps = true.
Now Webconsole and Command Center are using HTTPS.
Customer removed an additional Binding in IIS for Consoles.
We had the same problem. When we tried to load the BaseURL in Chrome, we got the message "HTTP Error 502.5 - ANCM Out-of-Process Startup Failure."
I looked in EventViewer and saw that.NET Core was crashing because the SDK for.NET Core 3.1.25 was missing.
The problem was fixed when.NET Core 3.1.25 SDK (x64) was put in place.
Thanks for the help.