Solved

Auxiliary Copy Fallen Behind Alert Backup Copy Stopped Working

• 6 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello, we have a 3 part storage policy that snaps, copys to vault then once a month a backup copy runs. The backup copy has stopped working now for the past 3 months. The jobs are stuck on “To be Copied”. When I manually run a backup copy, it tells me no data needs to be copied. The jobs in the primary and vault work fine. The tape drive has available tapes. I dont see any obvious error or connection issue. Do you know which log in the Send Logs zip I can look at to help troubleshoot this issue? 

icon

Best answer by dude 6 June 2023, 23:41

View original

4 replies

Badge +15

Can you go to the Storage Policy properties and make sure you see something similar to the below? If that matches your setting, go to your snapvault and view jobs, make sure the snapvault jobs have successfully completed.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Can you go to the Storage Policy properties and make sure you see something similar to the below? If that matches your setting, go to your snapvault and view jobs, make sure the snapvault jobs have successfully completed.

Hello yes. It points to the Vault Copy and all the Vault Copy Jobs are complete 100%. I also see the jobs are all OK in the Backup History on the subclient. Maybe the Automatic schedule is somehow broken? I dont see “Backup Copy” under the schedules, just AUX Copy. I see on other sites there is a “Backup Copy” schedule. Is there a way to regenerate the automatic backup copy schedule?   

Badge +15

The schedule itself you can manually create and associate to that copy. Now, considering that the Snapvault Copy has all the snaps copied and your Backup Coy is using the Snapvault as a reference, you should simple be able to right click the storage policy and run backup copy. That will kick off a Backup Copy Job with the pending jobs in the primary copy.

Storage policy level

If that runs - now you can go back and either create a new schedule or add the client to a continuous schedule already created.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

The schedule itself you can manually create and associate to that copy. Now, considering that the Snapvault Copy has all the snaps copied and your Backup Coy is using the Snapvault as a reference, you should simple be able to right click the storage policy and run backup copy. That will kick off a Backup Copy Job with the pending jobs in the primary copy.

Storage policy level

If that runs - now you can go back and either create a new schedule or add the client to a continuous schedule already created.

Hello, you are right so far. I thought I had tried to run backup copy but maybe it was the Aux copy. Something is happening now. I am monitoring.