Solved

Backed up files

• 20 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hello

In Job details for a completed backup is the “No of Files(s):” just calculating files, no folders? 

Trying to find 4 miljon files out of 8 miljon that are stated as backed up but I can only find roughly 4 miljon files in source (with exclusions in mind).

/Henke

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 20 January 2022, 21:12

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Henke 

I’m not 100% sure on what you need here?

Are you trying to identify the actual items that have failed or just get an accurate count of failed items.

Of course there is a difference between failed files, failed folders and failed objects, with these figures reported slightly differently in different places.

You can check failed files on backup job history, but it’s worth pointing out that failed files are maintained in Job Results, which by default are only retained for 7 days after job finishes.

You can run a backup job summary report and include failed objects (or protected objects):

Backup Job Summary Report with Failed Items

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

@Stuart Painter thanks for the suggestion.

But I’m not looking for failed items, I’m looking for how many items that was backed up last full backup. In the details of that job it’s specified “No of Files(s): 8 000 0000” something. ( I see my screenshot wasen’t saved in here) anyway, I’d like to know if that number is only files or if it includes folders also. 
The reason I’m looking into it is that we are running out of space on our index drive, and this client is by far the one with largest index. So I’m trying to uinderstand why. The client do backup a large amount of files, but when I look at it I can’t seem to correlate the numbers from the server and whats calculated in commvault regarding number of files.
When I looked into it I did see that we had a huge spike back in April going from 4 miljon to roughly 7,7 miljon files backedup according to commvault. Seems no one has a reasonable explanation for the large jump and I’m trying to make sense of it. I lean towards that there is something wrong witin commvault for that client.

//Henke

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Henke the count is for each part of the content, so not only the objects, but each folder and subfolder.

The only real way to make a comparison for the April change would be the job details unless you know that a large folder structure change occurred.