Solved

Backing up the OS for my commserve server ? Greyed out

• 2 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Coomvault version 11.22.13

So we are still working on the evaluation license and hopefully will get the active license today.. Not sure if this has anything to do with it..

But Im wondering why my commserve server which also falls under the clients has the “File System” greyed out.  I think we want to get a backup of the C: drive and system state for our commvault commserve server.. right?

I looked under the properties for the client server and see that under Activity Control the ENABLE BACKUP is checked off.

Im still figureing this product out but getting better…  

Im adding a screen shot :

Thanks

BC

icon

Best answer by euMike 2 April 2021, 18:16

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Commserve protection is mostly Commserve DR backups. 

The file-level protection is not that useful at first thought, but as I also needed it sometime, you might need to have a file-level backup of some paths of it, like the Software cache content. Then you can use the FS agent. 

It’s not grayed on mine : it’s active and enabled.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Thanks for the reply Laurent! Thats the problem - mine is Greyed.   Not sure how to make it active..

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

As you mentionned it, it could be related to evaluation version.

Otherwise, try to right click on the Commserve client, properties / Activity Control and check the Enable backup checkbox.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Yes its already Enabled but still grey..  

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Your File System agent is in deconfigured mode. Right click on File System agent > All Tasks > Reconfigure should do the job.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Thanks euMike and Laurent for responses.

Yes euMike that did the trick -  Your File System agent is in deconfigured mode. Right click on File System agent > All Tasks > Reconfigure should do the job.

how does it get deconfigured.. just curious..  or is that the default?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

In case of CommServe server it is deconfigured by default.