Solved

Commcell console - Job Controller scrollbar issue

• 12 April 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

When working in Job Controller in the Commcell console, the horizontal scrollbar is jerking left and right every few seconds.

If I adjust the columns until the scrollbar disappears, then of course I do not see the issue, but I can’t work like that.

I have tried on different computers, switched between oracle java and openjdk java, but it seems to happen everywhere.

Is this a known issue? 

icon

Best answer by Sebastien Merluzzi 12 May 2023, 18:33

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @No special characters ,

I have not noticed anything like that.

Are you using the Console from the Commserve?

I have checked 28.56, no issues.

Best Regards,

Sebastien

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Usually I’ve been accessing the console through jnlp files and netx, openjdk.

I will access the Commserve through a remote session and check the issue there.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

I had set font size to 13. 

The issue seems to go away if I don’t set a font size.

Font size was 13

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

It seemed like that fixed the issue for a while, but it’s back again. No font size set.

Maybe someone in the future will remember this thread in the future and post a solution if they find one :)

Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi ! I also have the same issue, but never tried to check from elsewhere than the Commserve itself.

It mostly happens when there are many entries in job Controller, I try to FIND/Filter the job Controller (CTRL+F), then input some string to filter on anything as, MA, storage policy, or copyname.. ‘Show matching rows only’, and expect to be able to review the result. This works. I can scroll left or right to view all the columns (make sure to have many columns viewable.

Then, I close the filter part by clicking on the red cross button near the FIND filter, and job queue starts to scroll left/right endlessly as described by @No special characters.

Even if I pause/play the refresh, it still “scrolls”.

I’m in 11.28.56.

Just retried right away, and got that result. 

Even tried from another server (not the CS, no Commvault role at all) and it behaves the same.

Regards,

Laurent.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Yes @Laurent  - That’s a good find. It happens after CTRL+F

Badge +1

Yes, I have been having this issue for a while and ended up here looking for a fix.

It is extremely annoying where it’s forcing data I need off the screen.

I can I say that mine is always scrolling to the right, and yes is usually after doing a ctrl-f, but not every single time.

I have tried additional ctrl-f’s for something else, clearing the search box, closing the search box, changing views, and nothing was helping other than restarting the console.

Ironically while typing this, doing a ctrl-f caused it again, and I think I just found something that helps…

1. In Job controller, scroll all the way to left
  2.  Before it happens again, quickly choose another tab like client computers
  3. quickly come back to job controller tab and F5 refresh

This is the first time I haven’t had to restart the console.  I am currently on 11.28.48

Hoping this wasn’t a fluke and can help you too.

-Edit

Just happened again without a ctrl f, but was in a custom view, the same fix worked.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Dear all,

I have reproduced the issue, let me check and get back to you.

Best Regards,

Sebastien

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Development confirmed, the issue is already fixed in  latest SP30 Hotfix pack.