Solved

Commserve Test Failover failed

• 4 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hello All,

Commserve test failover was initiated and i have seen the final sync was successful but still the test failover was a failure with the below errors in the logs

Failed to get SQL auth type from registry. Error [0]

I found sqladmin_cv is being utilized to authenticate the same is failing. Hence do we need to reset the password and match the PACCESS on active CS and DR? or do we have any workaround or fix?

Regards,

Ananth

icon

Best answer by Ananth 5 January 2022, 13:58

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Ananth,

Check the CommserveLiveSync.log for any connection/auth or other errors here.
Ensure the SQL user “sqladmin_cv” is not locked out.
Also ensure software versions are the same both sides.

Let us know how you get on.

Best Regards,

Michael

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hello @MichaelCapon ,

Thanks for the response, I have checked the logs and found that we had SQL authentication failure for the account “sqladmin_cv” however the account was not locked out.

But still I requested the support team to decrypt the PAccess and share the password, support helped and I have updated the decrypted password in the sql login for user account “sqladmin_cv” then tried the failover. It worked however I am still noticing this error message “Failed to get SQL auth type from registry. Error [0]” but still the test failover was successful.

I would like to know is there any way that I can instruct the failover assistant to use the windows account rather than sqladmin_cv and it would be good to know why the sqladmin_cv is getting locked and what makes the paccess value to mismatch between the Primary cs and standby cs.

Regards,

Ananth

Badge

I am having the same issue and unable to perform “ Test” Failover and receiving same error about “ SQLadmin_cv” creds. I opened a ticket with Commvault for same. I hope it’s a easy fix. Updaing the ‘ PACCESS” will fix the issue ? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hello @Ria 

Yes its the fix that you have to follow.

Regards

Ananth