Question

Commvault 11.28.44 Update to MA's and Clients

• 8 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

HI,

Is there any straightforward Link(s) that can tell me the pre-checks for MA’s and clients  (OS and SQL minimum patches as pre-requisites) for updating to 11.28.44 ? 

Windows 2008 R2

Windows 2016 R2

Windows 2019 R2

Centos Linux 7

Thanks,

RicM

3 replies

Badge +15

I`m not sure I follow the question but Commvault will tell you some of the requirements for some agents and roles. For example;

Windows File System:

Same for a Media Agent Deployment AND Commserve

• Starting with Service Pack 18, Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2017 (vcredist2017.exe) is automatically installed.

If a computer does not have the most recent Windows updates, the installation of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2017 will fail in installing Universal C Runtime. The following Windows updates must be installed to prevent the installation failure. The updates are not required on the most recent Windows operating system versions, such as Microsoft Windows 10 and Microsoft Windows Server 2016, because these versions have the Universal C Runtime already installed

In general I think it is commonly understood that you will try to keep your environment  (Windows/Linux) running the latest updates or at least close to as possible and with that, you should have no problem updating maintenance releases. Not entirely sure that answers the question but if not, share some additional details.

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Hello, 

Is there also a recommendation regarding the sequence ? For example, we have the following setup.
2 CommServe (Active, Standby) Failover ready
2 Media Agents
1 WebServer
For the Media Agents and the WebServer updating should not be a problem. The question is more about the two CommServes. First update instance 1 on both CommServes and then instance 2 (failover) or first on CommServe 1 both instances and then both instances on CommServe 2 ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @thomas.S , @RicM ,

You should be able to find the answers under Upgrades and Updates:

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/2171_commcell_environment_upgrades.html

Best Regards,

Sebastien