Commvault GO event 2022

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I'm curious to hear if there are plans to organize a Commvault GO event this year. Also keen to see how many from the community would attend if this get's organized. Would be nice to meet some of you in person.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Good question!  Let me find out more.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Let’s do it in France and we could meet each other 😁

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I’m in too!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I’m in too!

I'm not 😝 But it seems hard to get an answer so can I assume Commvault is not going to organize a GO alike event that can be attended in person. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I’m in too!

I'm not 😝 But it seems hard to get an answer so can I assume Commvault is not going to organize a GO alike event that can be attended in person. 

I’ll check with marketing.   Otherwise we can meet up in France or NL.  As long as i have good coffee, bread, and company, I’m down!

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @Onno van den Berg - hope to have an update for you soon regarding events plans. Regardless of logistics, if there is interest we’d be happy to facilitate a virtual meet up for community folks. FR or NL sounds nice too!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Any update? I see more and more companies, including the competition, organizing their yearly event with audience again. Think it would be great if we can all meet each other again in person! Would especially love to meet fellow masters/experts in a masterclass conference format again and share knowledge and experiences amongst each other as well as with development. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Looking forward to my first CV GO event also 😀
Would be great to get to know everyone.

I already had commitment from my CEO to attend, but then Covid happened.
Maybe time to gently remind him, at least when plans are known for the new event.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @Onno van den Berg @Jos Meijer 

I can report some progress here, and expect to hear more officially from Commvault in the August time frame. Unfortunately given everything with COVID, economic dynamics, and global travel constraints we’re not able to plan for large-scale in-person events like the GO Conference. We’re also paying attention to industry dynamics and return to in-person events, but the truth is attendance numbers are down and there is still great demand for virtual / hybrid alternatives for many attendees.  We will continue to hold an annual Connections conference virtually (for now).  This year’s will be November 2, so please mark your calendars and we’ll have details in Aug/Sept. In addition we’ll be planning more local Connections roadshow events as the year goes on. 

The fact that we are not doing the GO format or able to meet in person doesn’t mean there’s not more we can do to re-create some of the meet-up experience or more than we did last year.  If you recall last year, we’d initially planned for the fall Connections event to be in-person or hybrid and had to pivot very late in the game as COVID spiked and that became untenable. This year we’ll debut a new platform that includes more interactive breakout rooms and sessions. I’m happy to work with you and others to facilitate a meet-up, and it may not even need to be tied directly to Connections. 

Keep letting us know who is interested to join and again, stay tuned as we’ll share more in Aug/Sept about plans for Connections. - Jenn

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Thanks for the update @Jennifer Kelley 😃

Looking forward to the update in August 👍👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Well I have to be honest that I'm disappointed. As for your arguments, this is the case for each and every (US-based) software company, hence I read it as it was decided internally to not host a GO Conference this year. The virtual connections sessions are too limited in my opinion, especially for companies/vaulters who are already a long-time Commvault users and who have a strong technical background. So this would be my advise to organize something for the Experts/Masters as part of the virtual event.

Anyhow it is what it is, but I was hoping for something different…. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

At vmware explore in barcelona this weekend, all of commvaults main competitors had stands there, commvault dit not. Not even at vmware explore in the us did commvault had a stand.

Here in Norway, the salesteam was sacked a few years ago and now they are all located in Denmark. We asked them if someone could come up and have some sessions with our entire team but they just replied that all is via teams.

That is disappointing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Mmmmm this is a missed chance! Curious to hear why Commvault was not present at VMware Explore, because I assume most (large) customers and possible prospects are still running workloads on VMware. Commvault is still bringing a lot of enhancements related to VMware to the floor so there is enough to tell and share! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @Kim Andre and @Onno van den Berg - I’ve shared your feedback with our Events leads.

Unfortunately we have to make tough decisions prioritizing global event participation, most particularly in the fall months when we have the global Connections event as well as Oracle, AWS, Microsoft, and more.

We’ve just released future Connections roadshow international stops and dates - check those out here. Not quite Norway, but we will get to Stockholm in the Spring. 

Despite not having a formal booth/floor presence at VMware Explore this year, we do often have people attending, so please feel free to reach out via community ahead of any future events and I can find out who will be there in what capacity. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Odd decision imho. Most Commvault customers are making use of VMware and Commvault as THE leader in the magic quadrant is not present to share it's innovations with the audience and possible prospects on their biggest event of the year. The world is moving to hybrid cloud computing which strengthens the biggest differentiating feature of Commvault which is the single-pane of management and it's wide umbrella of supported workloads and VMware is still one of the big pillars under hybrid cloud. You could have made the decision to only attend the US version of Explore.