Solved

Dedup DB Reconstruction

• 17 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

I have question about how to perform clean Dedup Reconstruction. What is de first stap do you take? 

Do you need to mark disk libary offline for Maintance mode first?

When the Dedup DB reconstruction running what kind of jobs can interupt the proces? 

In my situation MA got crashed and after the crash started restore and then after restore automatic Dedup DB reconstruction. Sometimes is going wel but like today in the middle of the add record phase its failed with error: Unable to communicate with Auxiliary Copy process on MediaAgent. All commvault processes on the MediaAgent where running.

After the fail i stopped all processes on The MEdiaAgent en did restart. After restart the restore started again. 

icon

Best answer by Egor Skepko 23 March 2021, 16:21

View original

5 replies

Badge +15

@Egor Skepko DDB is a great feature but when it crashed can be very tricky to get back to work again.

I would recommend you read this article on manually recovering DDB  https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=12518.htm  AND if you do not get it to work, definitely open a support case with Commvault.

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

Hello @dude 

De restore start automatic after crash of MediaAgent. The restore still running atm. We wil see what happend after. Thank you. The artical about manual recovery i readed alrdy. Is there any Jobs that can intterupt the recovery proces? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Egor Skepko , following up to see how the restore and recon were looking (hopefully complete by now, of course)!

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

@Mike Struening Yes the restore is done and after 2 days crashed again. The probleem was one of luns got corrupted and after instellisnap to the disk crash the MediaAgent. After deleting corrupte lun the is no more crashes

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Glad to hear you were able to find the issue and fix it!