Solved

For RHEL where can I download the version of Mono 6.8 manually, to convert it to Proxy?

• 20 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

For RHEL where can I download the version of Mono 6.8 manually, to convert it to Proxy?

icon

Best answer by Gopinath 3 February 2022, 02:10

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Fidel,

Manual installation is not required, have it registered with RedHat and internet connection, then cvd start will install Mono 6.8 and its required os dependencies from above connection repos.

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/112518_deploying_centos_or_rhel_machine_as_vsa_proxy.html

Note: For SP17 and more recent service packs, after you install the Virtual Server Agent on a Linux machine, verify that there is an internet connection to the Linux machine and start Commvault services. The software verifies whether Mono is installed, and if needed, installs the required version of the Mono package. You do not need to install the Mono package manually.

if no internet connection then OS loop mount or local repo need and those os dependencies has to be figured out and install then cvd will install mono 6.8 on its start. To avoid these manual part, has it registered with internet connection then cvd will take care of Mono 6.8 installation.

Regards

Gopinath

Badge +2

Could you send me the link or the repo from where I can download it manually?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

As mentioned earlier, easy way is have machine registered with RedHat vendor with internet connection then restart cvd is good to install mono.tgz from /opt/commvault/Base folder. Above part required as that mono related OS updates will be take from Redhat repos like appstream-rpms, baseos-rpms and supplementary-rpms.

rhel-8-for-x86_64-appstream-rpms Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 for x86_64 - AppStream (RPMs)

rhel-8-for-x86_64-baseos-rpms Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 for x86_64 - BaseOS (RPMs)

rhel-8-for-x86_64-supplementary-rpms Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 for x86_64 - Supplementary (RPMs)

If really want to experiment with manual way, copy mono.tgz from /opt/commvault/Base/ to /tmp/abc. untar to try install mono-core from rhel8 folder, to see dependencies packages part. Install those with RHEL 8.x DVD loop mount or as repo, on that machine.

Use below command to try install.

#yum localinstall *.rpm

Regards

Gopinath