Solved

How to Check backup status of multiple servers

• 30 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

There is a requirement to check 90 servers backup status (Servers belongs to different policy domain). Is there any best way to do it because I am following below method where I have to include the server name one by one.

icon

Best answer by Sebastien Merluzzi 2 August 2021, 08:29

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

You could put those machines in a group and run the Job Summary report for that group with the dates and information needed.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

HI Amit,

In that same Report you can also select a specific Storage Policy(ies) or Media Agent(s) if they all use the same one.

Best Regards,

Seb

Badge +4

Hi Aplynx & Seb, thanks for reply. I tried to create a computer group but there too I have to add server names one by one. Is there any way to import the server list via notepad in the backup report or any other similar method to generate the backup status report faster?

I cannot use storage policy because only specific servers belongs to storage policy not all the servers.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi Amir,

How do you want to create your notepad file? 

Either way you would have to select/copy one by one.

Otherwise you can create Smart Server Group using Automatic Associations by using a scope, i.e name, installed software…

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/essential/121270_smart_server_groups_using_automatic_association.html

Best Regards,

Seb