Solved

Hyperscale storage compatibility and security questions

• 20 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

Hi,

Please help me with the following questions:

Let’s say I deploy Hyperscale using the reference architecture on Hitachi hardware. I need to set long term retention backups to anything but tape.

• Can I connect an external storage as secondary disk/cloud library to the environment? Also, what type would it be (FC luns, iSCSI luns, NAS shares/exports (NFS, CIFS), S3 buckets)?
  • If any external storage is permitted as disk/cloud library, would it be connected to all nodes on the Hyperscale cluster, it being the one who controls writes between nodes avoiding conflicts?
  • It being an appliance, does it have any operating system hardening besides the security features included in the software (which run with or without the appliance)? For example, intrusion prevention and detection (like avoiding root logins, avoiding running OS commands or tampering with autostart config, etc.)
  • When upgrading the software, does it work just the same as a non-appliance environment? meaning only commvault software is updated, or will upgrades consider OS updates too?

Thanks!

Sergio

icon

Best answer by Emils 21 February 2023, 04:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Answers inline

Badge +5

Thanks for the answer.

Please let me know if the first one also works for Reference Architecture.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Yes this is supported for RA and will also be reflected in documentation on the next Maintenance release.