Solved

Install Commvault service from console on new client

• 1 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello,

I have a new unix client and I would like to install commvault services on a new client from the Commcell  console.

What is the procedure?

Best regards,
Elizabeta

icon

Best answer by Sebastien Merluzzi 1 February 2023, 10:04

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @elizabeta ,

Can you check our Documentation and let me know if you have any questions:

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.28/expert/36077_getting_started_with_unix_file_system_agent.html

Best Regards,

Sebastien

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello,

It is a specific situation.

The machine where commvault was previously installed is broken, a new machine with the same IP address was installed. How to install the client in that case? Should I go to Retire, then reconfigure client again?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Is there any backups, If so, what you can do is rename the old Client and then install the new one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

In case you really want to do it from the Commcell console than there is no other option than to rename the existing client (incase there is backup data) and perform the installation as motioned already by @Sebastien Merluzzi. Other option is to perform the action using a package from the client itself. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello,

As I do not need backup data from the existing client on the server backup, is it recommended to do Retire this client, than Delete it? And after that add new client and install commvault packages on it?

Best regards,
Elizabeta