Solved

Installing Commserve in a Windows Failover Cluster

• 11 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

When installing Commserve in a Windows Failover Cluster, what actually lives on the cluster disks?  I can’t seem to figure that out from the documentation.

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 12 July 2022, 00:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

GxPlugIn service will be created. The host does the work, the plug in just tells it what is there. You need a name, IP and disk installed on the role that is the target. The quorum is backed up by the physicals during the system state, so there is typically no need to back that up.

Badge +2

Thanks @Aplynx , but I’m more asking what gets installed on disk when the commserve is installed on a cluster, so that we can know how many and what size cluster disks need to be provisioned prior to installing the commserver.  Also, in step 6 of the installation instructions it says “ On the Cluster Setup Install Option page, click On Cluster, and then proceed to the next page.”, but I don’t see a Cluster Setup Install Option page anywhere during the commserve install.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Check step 8 below. As far as the space required, the Wizard itself will smartly advise real time:

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/5025_installing_server_packages_in_microsoft_failover_cluster_environment.html

1. For the Installation Path, Job Results Path, Database Engine Installation Path, and SQL Server Database Installation Path pages, follow the instructions in the installation wizard.