Live Sync Continuous Replication

• 25 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

I’m very curious if other companies have adopted Continuous Replication within their VMware environments. We are a rather large RP4VM shop and there are many… challenges. I’ve watched CR mature over time and we’re at the point where we’re ready to start testing at scale. We have roughly 7,000 VM’s which need to be replicated (no point in time recovery, just latest recovery point) and I’m curious how others have configured their environment to support 24x7 replication (absolutely no downtime).

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello @Frank Grimes 

Take a look at VAIO… It is dependent on your connection speed from the one site to the other.

VMware Continuous Replication Using VAIO (commvault.com)

Check out the system requirements and see if you meet them.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Badge +4

@Dan White Hey Dan, thanks for sharing. I’ve read through the requirements quite but and I have a pretty good understanding on what’s needed. We’ve tested quite a bit in our lab, but only a few dozen VM’s. I’m more curious if customers have started adopting this and running it heavily in production.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@Frank Grimes  I can not speak much into how many people are using it @Mike Struening might have a little bit more insight into that.

As far as the environments I’ve seen I was blown away with how fast it is and can be with the system requirements being met.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Wasn’t able to find much, though hopefully others in the community have some insight.