Solved

Login issue with Commvault Command Center Admin Console

• 18 April 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

My customer cannot log on to the Commvault Command Center adman console with his active directory account.  Error message goes straight to “Invalid User name or Password.”  He is able to use his AD account for other systems.  He has not logged on to the admin console in awhile so I am not sure when it stated.  

I cannot find any entries in the current EvMgrS or CVD.log

icon

Best answer by Scott Moseman 19 April 2022, 16:15

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Yolanda , it sounds like the request is not getting to the Commserve.

Can you answer a few questions?

1. How is this person logging in?  Remotely or local on the CS?
  2. Does the login automatically add in their credentials, or are they typing them in?
  3. Are they 100% sure the url is correct (i.e. there’s another CommCell they are logging into by mistake?)
  4. Is their account locked or limited?

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Also, any other AD users able to login, or is it specific to him?

Thanks,
Scott

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

an you answer a few questions?

1. Answer - User is logging on Remotely
  2. Answer - No, auto population, they are typing them in. 
  3. Answer - I am 100% the URL is correct.
  4. Answer - I am checking to see if the user’s AD group membership on CS is correct. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

I did find out that one of his teammates cannot logon either.  I have ask for AD group membership information for his account.   I am waiting on that information. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Good catch @Scott Moseman !

Looking forward to your update @Yolanda !

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

I did find out that one of his teammates cannot logon either.  I have ask for AD group membership information for his account.   I am waiting on that information. 

I ask about other AD users because if no AD users are able to login, perhaps the service account used to connect to the domain changed and needs to be updated in Command Center.

Thanks,
Scott

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Good day. 

I am still waiting for the AD group information.  I will update with the status ASAP. 

Thank you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Yolanda , hope all is well!  Were you able to obtain the AD information for that account?