Solved

ndmp backup failure

• 22 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

Hello guys,
I have an error below:

NDMP Data Connection is on Interface [lif_XX-XX_MGMT] Port [e0M] IP: [xx.xx.x.58] with Speed [1000 Mbps]. Higher speed [10000 Mbps] port is available on the file server [xx.xx.x.58] which may improve performance. Please check with the file server vendor for configuring NDMP preferred data interface.

but no port is blocked, a few days ago the backup ran smoothly, and now it's giving an error can someone guide me how to proceed

icon

Best answer by R Anwar 23 February 2022, 05:29

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Marcelo

The Error shown above is is indicating that the NDMP Data Network Port used to transfer the data from the Filer to the Commvault MediaAgent is using a 1GBe connection when there are 10GBe connections available.

With NDMP backups, the MediaAgent will provide the available interface(s) & TCP Port to the filer to be used for NDMP data Transfer. This is negotiated via the Management LIF & port 10000 on the Netapp Filer (e0M).

The file will then select the first available interface and its corresponding port and will start a data connection between the MediaAgent and Filer.

In this case, the MediaAgent Interface and port force the filer to communicate via the (xx.xx.x.58]) 1GBe port. 

To correct this it typically means requesting Netapp assistance to ensure we’re communicating to the MediaAgent interface on the 10GBe as this is not controlled at the MediaAgent side.

If you still run into issues, please raise a support case.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @marcelo bernardes fernandes 

Easy option is to home the lif_XX-XX_MGMT on another NIC like e0c or e0d. As it’s showing IP address, I believe it’s a vserver.

https://library.netapp.com/ecmdocs/ECMP1401193/html/GUID-6545ED4C-726D-4A72-BE7B-6F9BB1746138.html

e0M should not be hosting any LIF’s for data as it’s suggested to be used for Node management.

Badge +6

Thank you guys