Solved

New install, Adminconsole HTTP error 404

• 24 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello

Just did a new install of SP24 as a test environment, Install successful but the adminconsole does not work.

Commvault\ContentStore\Apache\work\Catalina\localhost\adminconsole is empty

Comparing to my woking prod environment there should be a lot of files there.

I tried the install 2 times, did a repair of the installation as well but nothing helped.

Can I just copy the Catalina dir from my working environment??

icon

Best answer by Niklas 24 January 2022, 11:01

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Niklas 

I wouldn’t copy the contents across, as missing files may just be one symptom or one issue of an incomplete installation.

I would check install.log for other errors and potentially see if something is blocking the full and complete deployment.

Thanks,

Stuart

Badge +1

Problem solved, Tomcat service ran with network account, changed to local system and now adminconsole works

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Niklas 

I’m pleased to hear your test environment is up and running.

Running Tomcat as Network Service account is deliberate to insulate the rest of the rest of the system against potential infiltration if a public facing web service becomes compromised.

I understand this a test environment, so this may be running in a safe space and less vulnerable to outside attack.

For the benefit of the Community here, potentially changing permissions on folders to allow Network Service to read may be a safer option instead of running Tomcat as local system.

Thanks,

Stuart