Solved

Office 0365 backing up Exchange online, onedrive for business, sharepoint online, teams,

Badge +4

When I want to backup Exchange online, Sharepoint online, Ondrive and teams do I need 4 access nodes?

There is little data in ondrive and teams can I use the same access node?

icon

Best answer by Chris Hollis 17 May 2022, 01:42

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @CVbackup

Yes you can leverage the one access node… however it all depends on the access nodes server specs.. it has to meet our minimum requirements for each of the agents you are using it for otherwise you may see performance degradation.

I’d also be doing my best to schedule backup jobs so that they do not overlap to help with the servers resources.

Please check system requirements under each of the agents here: https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/essential/125270_office_365.html

Any questions please let me know.

Regards,
Chris

Badge +4

Hi Chris

Thanks for the answer. If you read Booksonline they will tell you to implement an access node for each backup type. I just wanted to make sure that there is no Commmvault restirction if you combine backup types with a single acces node. 

Thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @CVbackup 

as Chris already told, you can use 1 access node for all O365 modules. The same is true for the index server.

If you are using a tenant configuration you will need at least 1 access node/index server in each tenant.

Regards,

Michael