Solved

ORACLE RAC

• 6 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hello all I am asking about oracle rac backup , if we be able to distribute rman channels on the 2 oracle nodes in the same time or not ? as while changing no,of channels to be 4 on the 2 the 2 nodes with data backup thresholds 8 , the backup has been failed so please support. 

icon

Best answer by Gowri Shankar 8 February 2022, 18:38

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Nezar 

We can perform Oracle RAC backups using multiple streams, distributed across the Oracle RAC nodes:

Oracle RAC - Configuring Streams for Backups.

If you are seeing backup failures after making configuration changes, please provide some more details with error messages, status messages, ideally some log snippets that will help experts here in the Community identify the issue and provide some guidance.

Thanks,

Stuart

Badge +2

Thanks @Stuart Painter for your attention, i have already configured streams for each node to be for example {4 &4] and data threshold to be 8 but backup has been failed with “”Subclient threshold condition is not met so please advise how we can open rman channels in the two oracle nodes in the same backup job ? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

@Nezar Try setting the threshold to 4 and 4 streams on each node as you described and rerun the backup. The backup starts when at lease 4 streams are available (threshold value).Once the additional streams are available the backup will eventually pick the available resources and continue using all the 8 streams (4 streams from each node).

Please note that there should be at least 8 device streams available for the backup to utilize all the streams specified.

Please also ensure that each node is configured either with a full connect string or a scan connect as described in the documentation - > RAC0001: Defining Oracle RAC client connections 

Badge +2

Thanks @Gowri Shankar , So in my situation here, i have an alert >>Oracle RAC database [xxxx] is configured with / as connect string. Please configure TNS or SCAN connect string to use all available nodes for backup, this is the issue here and backup opened only on one node , due to TNS is not configured here,?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Exacly, you need a TNS or SCAN configuration to engage more than one node as described in the section RAC0001: Defining Oracle RAC client connections:

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.26/expert/21222_troubleshooting_backup_oracle_rac_idataagent.html