Solved

Performance Metrics Log

• 17 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

I am investigating a performance issue on a server that is both client and media agent.

Looking in the PerformanceMetrics.log file I see the metrics for CPU load on some CV processes. But they seem always to be at zero.

Isn’t those collected into the log file or does something need to be enabled for them to get there.

I’ve attached a screenshot of that section from the log file

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 19 August 2021, 16:42

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Henke !  thanks for the post.  To confirm, it’s always 0 for any hour, any day, etc.?  I’m going to discuss with some internal folks here and see if that is perhaps an average (though 0 still sounds wrong) or there’s something else at play here.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

@Mike Struening, thanks for having a look at it.

Actually I ran through a few more files and on occation there is something besides 0 as a value, but they are far in between.

Maybe you just can have someone confirm that they should be changed and possibly when!

Thanks
Henke

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Appreciate it!  I updated the thread to our dev team.  Will respond back once I have an answer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Henke , I got an answer straight from development:

• Zero refers that no CPU usage.
  • Non zero value refers that the CPU Usage of the process on that moment. This value is logged in every 15 minutes, for the purpose of performance troubleshooting.

So that means at those exact moments, the CPU for that specific process was idle.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Thanks for the update @Mike Struening 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Moved the new question here for better tracking: