Solved

Problem recover commvault on DR site

Badge +5
I'll briefly explain my problem:Our customers use a Huawei cloud platform with the production site in Milan, while the DR site is always done for the cloud in Bologna.Now a commvault platform is installed in production for backups with release 11.20, while on the DR site I have not installed commvault services.My question is simple, in case of loss of the production site is it possible to manually restore the commvault services on the DR site?

Thks

Dario

icon

Best answer by DMowers 20 May 2022, 10:57

View original

2 replies

Badge +4

I recommend you utilize Live Sync DR and keep your secondary (backup Commserve) up to date with the Primary Commserve. The failover process is simple and  you can choose from a Manila or automated process.

see info: https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11_sp20/article?p=43510.htm

Have a good day

Dwayne Mowers

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @DarioV 

You are asking “in case of loss of the production site is it possible to manually restore the commvault services on the DR site?”

In addition to @DMowers, in order to recover data you will also need a data copy (read media agent with disk/cloud/tape library containing a copy of the backup data), either on the DR site or available to connect to from the DR site.

In the scenario, where I assume the primary backup copy is located at production on premise, you will need a secondary media agent on a different location which will be hosting a copy of the backup data.
If the primary backup copy is offsite in relation to the production you could use this for the DR site, although I always recommend having multiple copies (3-2-1 model) to ensure data availability for recovery.