Solved

Recall/Restore Exchange Mailbox Archiver emails

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
  • Commvault Certified Expert
  • 74 replies

Hi all,

I have a CS on SP11.latest and I am trying to restore emails from 2011.

I can browse these emails but when I try restore to .pst the destination client is blank.

The Proxy server we’ve always used is also on SP11.latest, but I suppose I am missing a package or something.

Anyone have a trick to get these emails restored?

P.S. Recalls also do not work, I guess it’s related.

icon

Best answer by Chris Hollis 19 August 2021, 23:35

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

OnePass is also installed on the Proxy, and those recalls work just fine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Shane, are you seeing absolutely no client option?

if I recall correctly, you need outlook installed in any pst destination  

Sharing links below for anyone following  

restore to pst:

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11_sp20/article?p=29025.htm

all restore options:

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11_sp20/article?p=29019.htm

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

To answer this I would need a little more detail.

• By SP11 do you mean version 11?
  • What is the name of the agent you are browsing to restore from?  Archiver or Mailbox agent?
  • In the destination drop down you can you see any clients?
Userlevel 3
Badge +8

To answer this I would need a little more detail.

• By SP11 do you mean version 11?
  • What is the name of the agent you are browsing to restore from?  Archiver or Mailbox agent?
  • In the destination drop down you can you see any clients?

Aaaaah!
v11.23.17 - Apologies

“Exchange Mailbox Archiver” I know it’s (very) deprecated, but we do need those emails back.

There are no clients in the drop-down.

Thanks, @PatrickD !

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Shane , can you confirm you have Outlook 2010 or 2013 x64 installed on the proxy client?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Shane

Just to add here… (if the outlook recommendation by @Mike Struening doesn’t work), the only other reason I can think of as to why we would not see an option in the drop down list for available servers to restore to is because we do not have a server in your environment that has the ‘exchange mailbox archiver’ agent binaries installed on it. 

This will have to be the older legacy binaries, not the newer v11 exchange package binaries.

I believe what you need to do is:

• Get the V9 media from ma.commvault.com (if you don’t already have it)

If neither works (or you need remote assistance), i’d suggest raising a support case so that we can check thins over remotely. 

Thanks, 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Shane

Just to add here… (if the outlook recommendation by @Mike Struening doesn’t work), the only other reason I can think of as to why we would not see an option in the drop down list for available servers to restore to is because we do not have a server in your environment that has the ‘exchange mailbox archiver’ agent binaries installed on it. 

This will have to be the older legacy binaries, not the newer v11 exchange package binaries.

I believe what you need to do is:

• Get the V10 media from ma.commvault.com (if you don’t already have it)​

If neither works (or you need remote assistance), i’d suggest raising a support case so that we can check thins over remotely. 

Thanks, 

Hi chris, I am pretty sure this is what I need, thanks.

I tried a v10 install previously but I did not have that Archiver available to install.

I’ll check the reg keys and try again, many thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Chris Hollis , legend of Commvault!

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

HI all, thanks for all the input. I finally have access to the client, I do not see an Archive Management section. Have I got the wrong installer?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

What do you see under Exchange?  @Chris Hollis might remember the folder structure better than me….Chris, do you know what ISO version you were referencing in your screenshot?  Is it available on cloud.commvault.com?  If not, I can look into seeing if we have it to present to @Shane via Maintenance Advantage.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Shane Apologies, V10 media has since blocked the agent, it’s only available under the V9 media. I updated my answer to reflect this which should work.

Please try v9 with same steps and let me know how you go.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thanks @Chris Hollis 

Where can I get v9 from these days?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Shane can be downloaded via ma.commvault.com > login > top right select version > V9.0 > select v9 SP10a Electronic Software Distribution (Feb 2014) > select top option 6.25GB Simpana CommServe option. 

Screenshots below: 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

It has been a very long week, apologies. And thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

It has been a very long week, apologies. And thanks.

If it makes you feel better, I forgot about that, too….and I’ve been here 15 years :sweat_smile: #longweek