Question

Requirements for commvault java console, MacOS?

• 8 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

This is a first for me. A user wants to log in to the java Commcell Console using a macOS computer.

Are there any special requirements for this? 

As far as I know, they are downloading the jnlp-file and running it, but a message appears that reads “Connection to CommServe is lost..”

In their screenshot, the java console is also showing and it says "GUI_JNI.dll not loaded". Should it require a DLL file in MacOS, or is this information only and not actually an error message?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

I would suggest in this scenario you just install the agent locally for that person. The issue you are running into is almost certainly caused by whatever Java version they have running locally on their Mac, and messing around with Java is almost certainly not worth the hassle.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,

Can you please try using Netx.

It can be downloaded from the below link.

https://cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/softwarestore/#!/96/711/12233

Once downloaded you can execute Netx using java -jar netx.jar.

Thanks,

Anil.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi,

Can you please try using Netx.

It can be downloaded from the below link.

https://cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/softwarestore/#!/96/711/12233

Once downloaded you can execute Netx using java -jar netx.jar.

Thanks,

Anil.

I am just going to piggy back on this. 

I do most of my work through a Citrix box and whenever I use netx it freezes after a few minutes. 

I have not open a case for this due to the simple fact that I don’t want to have to troubleshoot with our Citrix admins, but if you have any clues and tips on what I can do to prevent this, that would be awesome.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,

While running from the command prompt java -jar netx.jar and after entering the hostname in Netx.

Are you seeing messages saying DOWNLOADING STARTED with jar names etc. Also Is it possible to have a screen shot  or the messages to verify further.

Thanks,

Anil.