If we encrypt our backup data by using hardware (tape drive) encryption, I wonder
- Is the encryption dependent on the tape drives which perform the hardware encryption ?
- If the tape drives fail, will encrypted backup jobs become un-restorable from any replacement tape drives ?
- Will there be an encryption key needed for this type of encryption ?
- Who will manage the encryption key ? Commvault or tape drives or the tape library ?
- Is the key needed for restore each jobs from an encrypted backup job from the tapes ?
Best answer by Mike Struening RETIREDView original