Solved

Restore validation/data refresh through Command Center

• 8 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

We have an active program to discourage the use of the CommCell console. Reason is that it is not supported in combination with SAML and reseller mode and additionally we want to move everyone over to Command Center. This is a big change and people are pretty bad accepting change so it is not always easy and they use a lot of features…… I will not move towards a discussion around feature adoption in Command Center because I do not want a like-4-like move from the CommCell console to the Command Center but I do miss something related to the ability to perform data refreshes and/or scheduled restores to validate the ability to recover data.

Customers need to proof that they are able to recover data for auditing purposes. Additionally they also use backup/restore to perform data refreshes for testing purposes and I currently have no idea how to accomplish this without the CommCell console. Only way I would know is to script it through the API but to me these use-cases are fundamentally related to the core use of the Commvault product. 

So is there someone who can point me in the right direction before I open a CMR?

icon

Best answer by MFasulo 8 February 2021, 20:41

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Onno, can you break this down further, agents, types, where to restore to, etc…  

For VM, we can leverage “App validation” and is the most customizable, with scripts and other aspects.  I’m not sure if this is exactly what you are looking or if this framework will work for your other agent types.   Before you open the CMR, shoot me an email.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@MFasulo I'm especially targeting FS and DB applications. 

You are referring to "App validation”, but if I recall correctly this is only supported for VMware, right? Any idea when this is going to be expanded to include Azure/Amazon?  

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@MFasulo I'm especially targeting FS and DB applications. 

You are referring to "App validation”, but if I recall correctly this is only supported for VMware, right? Any idea when this is going to be expanded to include Azure/Amazon?  

Vcenter and HyperV right now.    Michel scheduled a call for next Tuesday, we can further chat then!