Solved

Snap Job with No Backup Copy

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hello, 

I am using intellisnap to backup ec2 instances.

Yesterday I have removed these 2 instances from the subclient and a backup ran.

Today on the SLA report I have this :

Server                                     Category

temporary-aws-instance          Snap Job with No Backup Copy
test-debug-aws-instance         Snap Job with No Backup Copy

This is related to the backup copy but how to correct this ?

Thank you !

icon

Best answer by Bloopa 5 May 2021, 10:09

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Bloopa,

Can you clarify something for me - you say you removed 2 instances but then ran a backup - I’m slightly confused by this?

Regardless - the report is notifying you that a snap backup exists but has not been backup copied by a backup copy job - a backup copy job needs to be run for the storage policy to backup (protect) the snapshots which have been made.

Can you confirm your Feature Release level? Assuming its FR22 → https://documentation.commvault.com/11.22/expert/11739_create_backup_copy_from_hardware_snapshot.html

OR

Are you wanting to rid of these snap backups as you no longer need them to be copied after you removed the instances? If so, view jobs on the storage policy the backups were going to and then take an appropriate action (Delete job / Do Not Copy / Mark Bad).

Regards
Edd

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

@Edd Rimmer 

Thanks for your quick answer, sorry for my english but you understood

Are you wanting to rid of these snap backups as you no longer need them to be copied after you removed the instances? If so, view jobs on the storage policy the backups were going to and then take an appropriate action (Delete job / Do Not Copy / Mark Bad).

I will check that !