Solved

Subclient configuration

• 8 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I have changed the content of one subclient (new data paths). I used till now the sequence Synthetic Full & Incremental Backups. Do I need to perform the Full Backup (in order to cover the changes) before I switch again to the original sequence Synthetic Full & Incremental? I’m pleased about every tip! :-)

icon

Best answer by Anthony.Hodges 8 February 2021, 10:35

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

The new subclient paths will be scanned against the past job data indexes and effectively run a full for those paths whilst the pre-existing will be incremental. Also note that about 1.5y ago, the synthetic full and incremental schedule need to be configured at two separate intervals (Data Management).

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Please note I’m using the following approach: Synthetic Full backups on weekends and Incremental backups Monday - Friday. There are two separate schedule policies. It’s not clear for me now what I need to do after data path changes in the content. Do I need to perform a full backup or will be fresh synthetic full backup sufficient?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

You don't need to change your schedule. The file scan phase of a backup discover everything in an incremental for you.