Solved

Unable to select feature release to download

• 25 June 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi,

We are schedule to perform cv upgrade to target version 11.24.x. Part of our preparation is to download the target FR from the commcell console in Add/Remove Software but upon checking unable to select feature release from download and sync cache options. It is grayed out.

If anyone who encountered this how do we enable the options so we could proceed to download our target update software.

Regards.

icon

Best answer by Luca Marinoni 28 June 2022, 14:47

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

our current cv version is 11.20.46 with configured livesync for high availability. Target version is 11.24.52. Below is what I am referring unable to select the radio button,

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi ,

what do you see in this dialog box for internet options?

Badge +3

Have you got already check Internet access to downloadcenter.commvault.com from the Commserve?

You can also check the DownloadSoftware.log in the LogFiles directory on the CS.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @Luca Marinoni @Gseibak ,

From your screenshot I saw the same in our Commserve internet option. The internet was already temporary allowed by our FW team to two site cloud.commvault.com and downloadcenter.commvault.com and tested fine.

There is nothing found useful info from the logs that could lead us why the radio button to select FR to download is disabled. Can anyone have an idea on how we can fix this?

Badge +3

Hi r0lansaad,

we have a customer with the same CS version 11.20.46 and he have the same problem. 

I did quick hotfix check and I see some download issued solved after HPK 46. 

I suggest you run the update manually, it should solve the update problem as well.

In the link below you can find documentation for upgrade on CS with LiveSync environment:

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11_sp20/article?p=104875.htm

Here the link to download sw to make packages:

https://cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/softwarestore/#!/130/655/19980

Bye.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @Luca Marinoni ,

This is helpful and appreciate the help. We already have a scheduled FR upgrade so I would expect that the issue will also has a fix in our target version. We will manually download the FR 11.24.x and from the installer we will run manual the executable. Hope this known problem will not cause an issue during our Software update to target FR.

Thanks a lot again.