Solved

Unable to view restore history more than 30 days old.

• 20 May 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

Hello

When viewing Restore History Jobs for VMWare restores, I cannot view the VMs that have been restored. I can get the general information but the tab “Virtual Machine Status” is missing and the “Event” tab is empty.

I can see the restore job has been run. But not the specifics of the job like what VM was restored. Worth noting is I can see which VM was restored by viewing the logs. 

If I try selecting “View Restore Items” and select “All” or “Successful” I get the error “No results found”.

Looking through data aging Days to keep Data management and collection job histories is set to 360.

Days to keep job options for completed jobs is set to 180.

Days to keep the restore job histories is set to 360.

Is this just an additional data aging setting I am missing? Or is it something else?

icon

Best answer by Stuart Painter 20 May 2021, 16:04

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@Noobvault 

There are no other additional data aging settings that would affect this. Thou the Job options for completed jobs I am not 100% sure that covers restore jobs. I will check with the developers and get back to you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Noobvault 

I suspect the restore job retention has been met and the job has been aged.

Retention of job meta data is configurable in Control Panel:

Media Management Configuration: Data Aging

Days to keep the Restore job histories

Definition: Specifies the number of days to retain restore jobs history.

Note: For stub recall and restore job history, this parameter applies to job start time.

Default Value: 90

Range: 0 to 5000

Usage: Minimum time to retain the restore job history is a week. The software retains the restore job history for 90 days by default. To retain the restore job history infinitely, set the value to 0.

And when you inspect the details of a job, these are actually contained within Job History and the default retention for successful Job History data is 7 days.

Data Aging of Job History Data

Thanks,

Stuart

Badge +4

I have tried to set up the retention on the above suggested, and a few others to 30 days and above.
However now after just 3 weeks I am still unable to see which VM has been restored.

It looks like the information is not viewable past 7 days.

Are any of you able to view the Virtual Machines restored in restore job history past 7 days?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Noobvault , are you able to see the restore job itself, but not the actual restore details?  I suspect you have lost the job results, but not the job history itself.

Badge +4

@Mike Struening  Yes I the restore job and I can see who restored it, when, size of application, no. of object, throughput and duration.

What I can’t see is what machines were restored. Only way I can see the restored machine is by looking at the logs. 

Even when generating reports I can’t see which machines were restored, just that there was a restore of X amount of VM’s.