Question

VSA backups still running after releasing the Virtual Operating Instance License

• 6 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Hi Guys,

We are using virtual operating instance license instead of capacity based license. We released the license of few VMs but still their backups are running.

When I released the license they were greyed out but upon next schedule they turned active.

Regards,

pank1988

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Did you remove these machines you no longer want to back up from the content or filter them out? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@pank1988 you will have to filter them out of the VM group or disable backup activity, because retiring alone will keep them in the backup config which means the VM will be protected when the next job run. 

Badge +4

Did you remove these machines you no longer want to back up from the content or filter them out? 

@pank1988 you will have to filter them out of the VM group or disable backup activity, because retiring alone will keep them in the backup config which means the VM will be protected when the next job run. 

I just removed the license for the clients. The resource groups are added in the content. Also I did not added them in filter.

Few months back did a similar activity on few VMs. Released the license,,,they are still in greyed out state but their backup did not start, neither they were removed from content nor filters.