Windows Proxy Out space

• 7 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi guys

I got the following question about one my physical windows media agents because I'm always running out of disk space. and i see that my media agent has an assigned role “storage mediaAgent”.

When i scan my disk i saw that under the path C:\ProgramFiles\Commvault\ContentStore\IndexCache\CvIdxDB. i got a huge amounts of folders occupying about 115 GB of my disk. and under the path   C:\Program Files\Commvault\ContentStore\IndexCache\CvIdxLogs has about 91 GB, this two folder consume about half of my disk

1- I wanna know if this two folders can be pruned or compress?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Montilla04 !  Have you run any Index Cache Cleanup yet?

https://documentation.commvault.com/commvault/v11/article?p=10825.htm

That should help, though I would advise moving the Index Cache to another drive where you can better manage the space.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hey @Montilla04,

As Mike said above, you can run Index Cleanup and move the Index Drive: Changing the Location of the Index Cache Directory (Indexing Version 1 and Indexing Version 2) (commvault.com)
Per the requirements, the minimum required disk size for Index (V2) is 400GB: System and Hardware Requirements (Indexing Version 2) (commvault.com)

Depending on your configuration, you could even move the V2 Indexes to another MA (with more Index disk space) using the workflow: Changing the Indexing MediaAgent (Indexing Version 2) (commvault.com)

Best Regards,

Michael